Thursday, November 6, 2008

In my Heart

I am going to share a little bit of my heart today.
I love the state of California. I don't live there but I love the area and I love the people.
I'll tell you why. I love them because I served them. I was a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I was called to serve the California people.
I met many and talked with some. I had open doors and quickly closed doors.
Over all the people I met were gracious and kind even if they did not want to hear a message or accept the invitation to visit our church. My memories of service there are so strong and some have not ever faded. I can see streets I walked there just as clear in my memory as when I walked there before.
Lately my heart has been full of concern for those who currently serve there. Because of the election campaigning there have been unkind adds and sadly unkind demonstrating. It hurts my heart. Even a portrayal of missionaries was very unkind.
As a missionary I served because I wanted to share with everyone that God in Heaven loves each and everyone of us. I can not hold back the great knowledge that this is true. God our Heavenly Father loves us,

ALL of us. Every person on this earth is His child. I could see this then and I know it now. To the missionaries serving know God loves you and every one of the people you meet. He loves those who do not know him as much as those who do. He loves those who do not understand his ways as much as those who try to understand. He loves those who are angry. He loves those who hurt.

He loves us all.

1 comment:

Aaron and Reina said...

YES! Ironically I just was reading CNN and watching the protesters at the LA temple. Attached to that video are 1000+ comments from people, a vast majority of which were hateful and targeting the LDS community. Very scary that people could be so hateful and angry!

I have NEVER EVER EVER in my entire life as being LDS said or participated in anything hateful towards any group of people that believed or acted different than me, and I don't know ANY LDS members that have done so either. So, it's definitely strange and scary watching those protests protesting so hatefully because "We" believe and act differently.

I do fear for the missionaries, church leaders and members in CA now! Of course, it is a very small group (when compared to the rest of CA) that are behaving in such a hateful manner, but it is still frightening.

Honestly, I think that this is just the beginning! Time to be strong and firmly rooted!

Related Posts with Thumbnails