Thursday, October 9, 2008

Dreaming Decadently

I had the most wonderful dream this morning that filled all my senses so clear and fresh and thrilling.
It was like I was alive inside of a snow globe. Everything was sparkling white with rosy pink cottages and a pale blue night sky. The snow was like feathers and sprinkles of glitter. I was dressed in fabulous gown of soft pink with a squared neckline rouched with lace and wide skirts over panniers (hoops under my skirts) covered with bows and ruffles (Louis XVI Marie Antoinette style) with a white wig and powdered cheeks and flecks of sparkles on my skin too. Everything sparkled from the snow ~ to the houses ~ the clothes everything. Though it was evening the air was clear, no mist as the glittering snow fell. It smelled of snow and my skin was cold.
Down the lane a gentleman in pale blue fitted breaches and a long velveteen coat with silver buttons beckoned to me. His long hair was pulled back and tied with a bow, was powdered white. He was enchanting, smiling with a mischievous grin and faux mole placed under left his eye. He had these luminous blue eyes that had sparkles that magnetically drew you up close to see. He kept calling me closer to him with his voice and his manner. The snowy tree lined lane was also pulling me down it toward him.
I felt like I was headed to his face, to look closer into his eyes, when he suddenly moved past my vision to whisper in my ear. I could feel his warm breath in the cold against my ear, he smelled faintly of chocolate and coconut.
"Look" he said, and with his face beside my cheek I could look over his shoulder to see.
In the distance there was a row of houses glittering in the pearlized snow. A long old white sled drawn by white snow dogs pulled to stop in front of a house.
A tall man wearing long pale cream robes trimmed in furs was emerging with bags and packages.
He turned and I quickly gasped.
It was Father Christmas.
He caught me looking.
My heart quickened in excitement and the air began to have pepper-minty sent.
Right then the man in blue (reminding me a lot of the Scarlet Pimpernel) clasped my hand and we turned and ran down the lane away from Father Christmas.
It was obvious that we should now be in bed or forfeit our treasure of gifts.
It began snowing harder but being glitter reflected the light from the street lamps and increased the glow in the air though the sky was darker.
I recognized a cottage all pink and shimmering like an old fashioned paper Christmas village ornament. I went up the steps and in to the foyer. I stopped only to dust the snow off. The handsome man in blue was with me still but could not proceed beyond the foyer to enter the house and regretfully bowed and went out into the night.
When he was gone I retired up the stairs to my room. I quickly changed into the most delightful ruffled white night clothes with ribbons and a matching bed cap to cover my own hair. (The wig was put away.)
Oh to have the hair in my dream.... Very soft and longer with beautiful waves, shining auburn. I braided my hair and put on my ruffled cap. I floated to the window. The windows were paned and frosted around the edges making perfect little circles to look out of. I peeked out and saw the man in blue turn and wink (the eye with the little faux mole under it) and wave as he turned and disappeared into the swirls of luminescent feathery snow.
I crawled into a fabulous bed with tons of pillows and rose smelling sheets. I felt like I was going to bed inside a box of confections from my favorite candy store or Bed and Breakfast.
Before the dream faded I began to smell cinnamon.
Oh how I wanted to stay in that dream world.
It was so clear and vivid and I saw, smelled and felt so powerfully.
What a magical place to go even for just a little bit!
Sweet dreaming everyone!

1 comment:

Annie Carie said...

Oh my what a fantastic dream!! I love dreams like that, all dreams should be so much fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails