Friday, April 18, 2008

Step by step! Belly Band

I was actually looking for this last summer! It's like a tube top you wear on your waist to create a layered look to modestly wear clothes that you still love but don't quite fit properly any longer.
I know we hate to admit that a shirt isn't covering the midriff because of post baby belly, or those pants sit a bit too low on our hips and show too much flesh or undies to be proper.
Now we are in Luck!
I am off to the thrift shop to make my own!!!
I found this gals awesome DIY and You have to check it out!

Littler Inch Wrote this awesome bit. The pictures at the end are also her photos...

"....... had to get creative. I’m not the DIY type, but sometimes the circumstances just require it. I raided my closet for a tube top. When the tube top I had didn’t work right, I realized I needed to make my own tube top. That’s when the light bulb went on. Just a few days before, I had created a pile of clothes destined for donation and eBay. Among this pile were six super-stretchy, seamless Banana Republic tees. I have 7 or 8 in all, and my friends used to call them the “Rachel Tees”. But, after having worn them like crazy for several years, I knew it was time to move on. It broke my heart just a little,but I knew it was for the best. Imagine my delight when it occurred to me that I could get a new use out of these tees! I love recycling. So I took my least-favorite color (light gray) and snipped off the top part, leaving a stretchy, seamless tube behind. I tried it with my unbuttoned jeans, and it was perfect. For you ladies out there, you may want to check your own closets or even head to the store for an inexpensive, seamless, stretch top that you can modify. It works! I’m particularly thrilled because I have several colors to choose from, nude, aqua, pale pink, black, maroon, and pale gray. Sweet!"

fold top down for double thickness

under favorite top... Ta Da!

1 comment:

Lorajean said...

Wow so totaly simple! i love it! thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails