Tuesday, September 9, 2008

When will I be a Grown up?

me graduating H.S.
One of my favorite questions I have always asked is this...
"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
I have asked teachers, siblings, old beaus, my kids, myself and my hubby this question.
In fact I remember asking a Jr. high choir teacher this question and she shrugged and said she didn't feel grown up yet. We had a sorta deep conversation then for a 13 year old.
Now here I am I am wondering when I will Feel like I am a grown up?

I actually think it will never happen!
Mostly because I think you have to stop having dreams to grow up. Who wants to do that!
Like I want to own a Bed and Breakfast when I grow up.
I want to compile a fabulous collection into a book when I grow up.
I want to do so many different things when I am a grown up.
and lots more before then, lots of sewing and painting too.

I ask my hubby what he wants to be when he grows up nearly every time we go on a date.
He always chuckles and says something like
"We are UP."

Nope even if I am pregnant with babes Number 4, I am not really all grown up.
I am still the little girl in the 8th grade talking to my choir teacher and believing I will never be a grown up and the whole world is mine for the taking.
I think I like it better that way.

3 comments:

heather {WhipperBerry} said...

Amen sister! I totally agree!!

mer said...

I'm so with you. and with eternity in our sites...who says we ever really h ave to grow up?

Daphne said...

I agree and I love your picture! It's awesome! AND I love the song on your blog! How fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails