Friday, June 15, 2012

Preparing for Chess theme party

My sweetie is having a birthday soon!

Sometime it is hard to come up with something
cute attractive and fun for the one you love.  (especially a guy theme)
Lately he has been playing chess.  I catch him playing on his phone.
My daughter loves to play a game with him.  So there is my inspiration ~ CHESS!

I was lucky and found some fun links.

Here is the FREE clip art I used.

I made cupcake toppers and decorated the inside of my card with the clip art I found.


I used a FREE template for my cupcake wrappers.  I traced the template on black and
patterned paper.  I think it will look so sleek.  (Can't use cute for a grown man...)

Here is the FREE cupcake wrapper template.

For the cupcake toppers I punched out the clip art with a 1" circle punch.
Then punched out 1 1/4" circles to sandwich the toothpick between.

Played around on  Picasa to create a card insert sheet using chess clip art.


Found a bunch of great poems online.
I choose Battle Field of Life by anon for inside my card.

Here is where I found the poem.

My favorite line is

  ".. and I your Queen, a loving wife
shall guard my liege and raise my shield."

I hope my King enjoys his party!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails