Thursday, July 15, 2010

What's for dinner?

If youare like me I hate that question and I hate trying
to figure out what to put together with the things I have
on hand.  Especially when it is time to go to market to
fill the pantry and fridge.  I do find things sometimes.





I had on hand black beans, rice, flour tortillas and some beef.
Lucky me!
I decided to make my version of a Big City Burritio.
Which means a huge burrito filled with lots of yummy stuff.

Prepare rice
heat beans and season
cook meat (I had stew meat) and cut into tiny pieces
I added a seasoning package to the meat
some type of fajita or taco seasoning
heat your flour tortillas
On your tortilla
put 1/2 cup rice
1/4 cup beans
big spoon of meat
handful of cheese
here you could add sour cream, tomatoes, green onions, ect.
Roll up your burrito tucking the ends up and take a bite.

We all loved them even my kids.
I just had to convince a few to try the first bite then it was a winner!

Now you give it a try.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails